Green Card

CSCS Green CardA green Construction Site Operative card is available to those who carry out basic site skills such as labourers. There are two ways to apply for this card: via NVQ level 1; or by industry accreditation.

For a current list of operative occupations see here.

Green Card Routes

NVQ or SVQ Route – for achievers of an NVQ or SVQ Level 1 who have met current CSCS health and safety requirements.

Applicants must also successfully complete the Operative Health, Safety & Environment Test and submit a craft application form.

The card is valid for 5 years.

*From 1st July 2014 the existing green card will become known as the Labourer’s Card and will be linked to the new NVQ in Health and Safety for Construction Labourers. The accreditation route will also be ended and all new applicants for this card will have to achieve a Level 1 NVQ to qualify.

10 thoughts on “Green Card”

  1. Hi,

    I passed the h&s site awareness test but was only given the yellow site visitors card.
    I am told that , in order to work on site, I must have the green card.
    Can I apply snd pay for the green card with just this test cert?

  2. Hi, I’ve got masters degree in Structural Engineering from Poland (I nostryfied in naric) and I’ve passed test for operatives, Can I apply with this documents for green/labourer card or red/trainee card? If I will have trainee/red card, can I work as labourer?

  3. what happens if, I had a green card was ill,, when I went to pay for green card you changed the rules sent me a red card,, and said I need to re apply and go on the days course which I didn’t do as I didn’t need to at the time,, now I am back to site work but red card has run out what do I do ?

    • Firstly, I didn’t change any rules the CSCS did. If your red card has expired you will have to get a green card and do the course, there is no way around this.

      The scheme is a farce but I can’t change it.

Comments are closed.